Monday, September 29, 2008

Round Two: DONE!!!!

Well, I guess there is nothing like the sight of failure to motivate a person.

Tonight, or should I say early this morning, I finished the second, and most elaborate stage of revisions on Midas. I am PUMPED!! This is a first for me, as significant as finishing my first first draft. As you know, I never made it through the second, deep edits stage with Tristan. So, yes, I am very pleased to be here with Midas.

I am going to let her sit for the week (in the meantime of which, I will be struggling my way through a synopsis). Then, this weekend, I will throw myself into the final stage. This will involve a healthy amount of trimming and a whole lot of polishing. Overall, though I don't see this phase taking much more than a few days. So, that means that querying will commense in less than two weeks! *gulps*

7 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Way to go Renee!!! You will get it done, I know!!

Renee Collins said...

Thanks Terri! I'm feeling very excited, and hopefully that makes me work faster. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

Renee, such wonderful news! Congrats on getting through that second round. I actually love that second round edits--it's like you've found the gem, now you're cutting it into a beautiful piece of jewelry.

Can't wait to start in a Void in the next week or so.

JaneyV said...

Nice analogy Natalie! Congrats Renee - what a wonderful feeling to have accomplished something so great. Keep going and in two weeks you'll be a step closer to your dreams!

Renee Collins said...

Thanks guys, and I agree, it is a nice analogy, Natalie.

I do feel like I've cut my gem into the right shape, and now I just need to smooth out the lines and polish, polish, polish.

Kiersten White said...

Yay, yay, yay!

Really, just yay!

Joanne said...

Another step closer, drumroll please! Good luck this weekend, I always like coming back to a work after being away for it awhile. Happy editing.