Monday, September 15, 2008

October 1st

That's my goal date to send out those first queries.

I'm feeling nervous and excited, and every emotion in between. Mainly, I just can't wait to actually do this! I have been seriously pursuing the whole writing thing for three years now. That's three years of hoping, despairing, dreaming, researching, and, of course, working.

I can't believe that I am FINALLY going to send out a real live query letter. It's bizarre. The other day I bought a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper, and I thought to myself, by the time I finish this case of soda, I will have queries out on the market.

And yet, I am getting ahead of myself. I still have work to do on edits, and a synopsis to write, and a query to hammer out. (Look for me on Evil Editor any day now.)As exciting as it is, I just need to focus and work hard. .

5 comments:

Joanne said...

The countdown! How exciting for you! Sending out the query seems like it makes it all "official," doesn't it? Keep writing, keep us posted ...

Natalie Whipple said...

Good luck Renee! We can talk all about our woes together:)

Renee Collins said...

Joanne, it really does. I've always had this notion that querying is what seperates the real writers from the countless "want to be" writers.

And Natalie, I've been waiting to talk woes with you and Kiersten for forever.

Kiersten White said...

lol, well, you'll finally fit right in with the other MoMos!

And hey!! Your query on EE was AWESOME! Seriously, how painless was that?

Terri Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you set a date!! I can't wait to see you make it-- please keep me posted on the process, ok?