Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I will now give you all a case of the creepy crawlies. . .


This is a picture of a house centipede. They live in humid climates, like Ohio, and are just plain CREEPY!

Honestly, I fear these little buggers more than any spider. Just looking at the picture makes me shudder with terror. Here is why they haunt my dreams:

-They run SO fast. Look at those long legs, those legs move over carpet like nothing you've ever seen.

-They bite. Nuff said there.

-JUST LOOK AT THEM! Creepy! Oh, how I hate them.

Now, you might be wondering what this has to do with writing. That would be a valid question, cause I sure don't know. I am working on edits though . . . it's coming along.

7 comments:

Renee Collins said...

Hey MoMo's I have a favor to ask. I am working the possibility of rewriting Maris. Would it be okay if I sent you a five page scene and the old five page scene to compare it with?

Natalie Whipple said...

bring it on, Renee. And um, that's the freakiest thing I've seen in a while.

Kiersten White said...

YES Ma'am. Please do.

And yeah. Those. Are. Gross. I thought silverfish were yucky, but those are way worse.

Also, centipedes = mildly poisonous!

Renee Collins said...

Thanks for your willingness to help, MoMo's. You're the greatest. :)

And, yeah, creepy little things. I actually had an encounter with one in the bathroom yesterday, which prompted the post. It ran across the floor, and I screamed at the top of my lungs. (True, I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to centipedes, but . . . I can't help it. I'm traumatized.)

Natalie Whipple said...

Heck, I'd be traumatized by that. I refuse to believe it's a centipede. I'm sure it's a little alien.

Joanne said...

You can tap into that fear and use it in a story? Just found your blog, enjoyed browsing. Happy editing...

Renee Collins said...

Welcome Joanne! You know, that's my middle name, so I like you already. :)

Come back anytime.