Monday, September 22, 2008

Yep, you guess it: a MEME!

1. What are your nicknames?
Ren is the only nickname I've ever had, but I love it.

2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
Fellowship of the Rings, extended version. It was the only video Ben and I had when we were first married, so we watched it again and again and again. We would compulsively quote it and had numerous inside jokes about it. :) Ah, such warm memories.

3. What is your favorite scent?
A freshly opened Dr. Pepper.

4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Hawaii. I grew up there, but haven't been back since High School. I'm desperate to take my family there.

5. Do you trust easily?
Oh yes.

6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
Depends on the act.

7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
I'm leaving Ohio in two months. Four years ago, when we came out here, I was sure that I would be thrilled to leave, but now I know I will really miss it and the people we have come to know.

8. Do you have a good body image?
Depends on the body part.

9. What is your favorite fruit?
Cold watermelon. I love to cut off the end and eat out of it with a spoon.

10. What websites do you visit daily?
Hatrack, EE, PubRants, Nathan's blog, NY Times, and all my writer friends' blogs.

11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Only you, Dr. Pepper. Only you.

12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
She is extraordinarily clever and funny, a talented writer, and a very nice person.

13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Apple Bottom Jeans--T Pain. . . . don't ask me why.

14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
I have a special place in my heart for my dark jeans. They were the first pair after having my second baby that made me think, "Oh snap."

15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Not really. I'm a fan of Frosted Mini Wheats.

16. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
If it's any indication, when I was in fourth grade, I found a $50 on the ground. I ran up to grab it, all the while screaming, "A fifty dollar bill! A fifty dollar bill!"

17. What items could you not go without during the day?
Internet, Dr. Pepper, and Benny. :)

18. What should you be doing right now?
Putting the fajitas into the marinade. We're having company over tonight.

6 comments:

JaneyV said...

Hi Renee. I thought after meeting you so often at the other MoMos blogs, I'd pop over and give you a wave!

I really like your moon. Very dramatic!!

I know that you might find this hard to believe but I've never had a Dr. Pepper. Does it taste like Coke? Is that a really dumb question to ask? I've never had a root beer either or a sasperilla. Or carrot juice.

I drink a lot of tea.

Renee Collins said...

Hi Janeyv! I think I'm the lesser known MoMo, because I don't get around the blogosphere much. However, I am glad that you could stop by!

As for Dr. Pepper, hey, we're even because I've never had a cup to tea. :)

I highly recommend that you give DP a taste, though, if your a soda pop fan. It's very yummy. Sweeter than Coke, a bit more fruity than Coke. I'd say it has a subtle blend of flavors both sweet and tangy, with a caramely after taste, but that might make me sound a little too obsessed . . .

Joanne said...

Great questions - thanks for letting us get to know you! Now I've got a tune in my head from the Dr. Pepper commercial!

Natalie Whipple said...

I must be a spaceoid because I totally missed this post until last night. I guess having a full on submission turns me into quite a mess...

Renee, I love your enthusiasm for the DP. Cracks me up. And Lesser momo my eye—you just have a real life:)

Renee Collins said...

A real life? Hmmm . . . not sure about that. I think I am just cyber shy, or cyber lazy. Can't figure out which one yet.

Kiersten White said...

You're just not cyber-psycho, like we are.

So fun! Thanks for doing this.

And yes, Janey, Dr Pepper is the true soda.