Monday, October 6, 2008

It begins!

I just sent out my first queries!!!!!

It's funny because, I knew I was going to be doing this today for a while and didn't feel that nervous about it, but as I was preparing the email, my heart was pounding.

Also, after reading over the email four times, I hit send. But, the message didn't go. I was like, "Is this a sign???" AND IT WAS!

Just in case, I read over the email one more time and noticed that I had my OLD WORD COUNT! 64,000 words! That's like 10,000 words less than my final manuscript!

Sheesh. I nearly had a heart attack. So, I changed it, and sent the emails off to a few of my painstakingly selected agents. I'll be sending off the rest tonight!!

I feel nervous and excited. I just can't believe that I am finally doing it!

11 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

Welcome Renee! Here's your rifle and ammo, I recommend the south trench. It's the cleanest.

Renee Collins said...

Thanks Natalie.

I've already checked my email twice. Guess that makes me truly one of the club. :)

Kiersten White said...

lol, YAY!

And, ummm, Dojo was in the south trench earlier, it's not exactly clean anymore...

Kiersten White said...

Ummm, also, just FYI, if you get an agent in a week, we might stop talking to you.

But only for a little while, and then we'll be really happy for you ; )

Renee Collins said...

Don't worry Kiersten, I'm not anticipating that.

Of course, earlier, when the phone rang, my heart stopped a little. Which, looking back now is ridiculous. What was I thinking? That the agent would read my query and be like, "I don't need to read the thing, BE MY CLIENT NOW!!!!"

I think I just need to calm down. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh I feel you, girl. I think we've both been there. Just accept that you're gonna be on edge. Make sure you have your favorite dessert at all times.

Renee Collins said...

I bought a new 12 pack of DP in preperations for the coming weeks. Of course, I'll need more than one 12 pack. Possibly three or four.

Natalie Whipple said...

Good girl--keep that DP close, lol. And some chocolate, that's important. Do you do yoga? That keeps me zen:)

Joanne said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel like a much-deserved culmination of so much effort? I hope you hear quickly, fingers crossed and best wishes for a request for more!

Renee Collins said...

Thanks Joanne. :) I'm trying to find the balance between positive thinking and realistic expectations.

Not much luck as of yet.

Terri Tiffany said...

Whoo hoo!Now we wait together! So glad you did it but I hope you hear quickly!! I;m about ready to send a second soon.