Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm absolutely giddy!

Today, I am thrilled to announce that my twin sister has started to write her first novel! As you can see, all the rumors about twins are true; we really DO do everything exactly the same. :)

Kidding, but truly, my sister and I have always shared a love for all things creative. I have warm memories of the many summer vacations where Diana and I would lay on the bunk beds of our family motor home, writing stories in the crisp white pages of new journals. The stories would, of course, be nothing less than slightly altered and considerably inferior renditions of whatever books we were currently reading, but hey, at least we had a blast writing them.

So, if you like, pop over to her writer blog and say hello at http://horizonsds.blogspot.com. (Though she wanted me to emphasize that inviting you to do so was my idea not hers, and she doesn't want anyone to feel any obligation at all.) Silly sis. So modest. :)

9 comments:

Renee Collins said...

he he, I bet when you guys read the title to this post you thought I'd gotten an agent.
Well,*sigh* no.

But, I'm still giddy. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

I really did you bum!

But how exciting! Hi Diana!

Kiersten White said...

he he, I wondered. But hey, this is exciting, too ; )

Renee Collins said...

heh, sorry guys. I honestly didn't notice until after I had put up the post. I didn't intentionally tease. :)

JaneyV said...

That's lovely. It's always good to have writer company - someone who really gets it! I wish Diane all the best.

I have always wanted to have a twin or indeed to have twins. So much so I have a set of fraternal twins in my book.

Renee Collins said...

It really is awesome to be a twin, Janeyv. So much so, that sometimes I feel bad for people who aren't.

I too have always wanted twins, because I feel like I would understand the unique challenges twins face. They say that twins skip a generation though, so I might be out of luck.

Joanne said...

Best wishes to your sister! It is really nice that you share that with her, I'm sure she'll love the writing. I'll go give her a visit now ...

Renee Collins said...

Thanks Joanne!

I'm sure Diana really appreciates the friendly greeting you guys have given her. You're all great. :)

Terri Tiffany said...

Congrats to her! And yup--I did think that!!