Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm an Aunt/Mom!

I know this is not writing related, but I am just so excited. Early this morning, my twin sister had her first baby. A boy named Karl. Isn't he a cutie pie?


I say that I am an Aunt/Mom, because, as twins, my sister and I have the same DNA. So, technically I am his genetic mother.


Seriously, though, I already love that little guy like I was his mom. I just wish I was there to see him. I could cry. Oh well, I'm flying out there this summer. So, all is well.


A happy day for me.

7 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

Aw that's so great! I'm gonna have to chat with you about being a twin, since my new main char is a twin, a fraternal twin, but still.

That's great that you get to visit them this summer. I'm still waiting on all my siblings to get married, let alone have kids.

(Oh and if that visiting happens to be in Utah, you should stop by, how cool would that be?)

Renee Collins said...

Hey, I could tell you anything you wanted to know about twins. I'm convinsed that there is no other human relationship like it.

Also, yes, I will be going to Utah. So, we should totally do lunch. . . at Cafe Rio. Oh, how I yearn.

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh Cafe Rio, a woman after my own heart! Now I'm craving it.

Kiersten White said...

Ah great, you guys are making me jealous.

But congrats! And your sister looks way too pretty for just having given birth...

Natalie Whipple said...

I agree, Kiersten...she's making the whole child birth thing look too easy.

Renee Collins said...

Testing

Renee Collins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.