Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Intuition . . . (I have none)

So I've decided that my ears are deaf to the whisperings of the Universe. My career as a psychic is doomed.

I was pretty sure the Colts would win the Superbowl.

I had a dream that I would get The Call . . . yesterday.

And, lastly, I was 100%, absolutely and completely, beyond any doubt positive that I was pregnant with a boy. But ultrasound results came in and it's a girl. I made the doctor check three times.

( Have I not mentioned before on this blog that I'm pregnant? I meant to. And I should have. It could have better explained my long absences and general crankiness ;) )

So anyway, there it is. I apparently have no intuition. Ah well. I suppose there are worse flaws.

*worst segue ever coming up*

Speaking of flaws, I plan to learn how to improve some of my writing flaws at the conference I'm attending this weekend. (Told you it would be bad.) I'm super excited! I'm going to meet some very awesome writer friends of mine and generally have a good time. Because of that, I probably won't post again until next week. But I'll return, hopefully with great advice and/or amusing stories to share.

13 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! :-)

Don't feel bad - I don't have any intuition either.

Tere Kirkland said...

Forget the intuition, it's overrated. I can't believe you're pregnant!

Congratulations!!

And look on the bright side, you can still name a little girl Payton, lol. ;)

Candice said...

Squeals all around and on all counts!! Happy baby news and happy conference news. I can't wait to see you!

Jessie Oliveros said...

Congratulations! You and Jenni both with baby girls. When are you due? And I'm totally jealous about you, BYU, LTUE, and a bunch of blogging friends.

Jill Wheeler said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I never wanted to write while I was pregnant. Have fun at the conference!

Renee Collins said...

Shannon-Thanks!

Tere-Yes, it's exciting. :) And I'm actually thrilled it's a girl. I just wasn't expecting it, at. all.

Candice-Definitely squeals!!! :D

Jessie- It's too bad you can't be there! I'd love to meet you too. Darn this massive country. This is why we all need to live in Lichtenstein or something, where everyone else is just a short drive away. :)

Jill-Yeah, it's definitely drained the energy out of me. I usually find the idea of going to bed early much more enticing than writing. Ah well. :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Awww, a girl is awesome, though!!!! :D

Hope I get to see you this weekend!

Melissa Hurst said...

Congratulations on having a girl! I thought I was going to have a boy during my last pregnancy, but turned out to be girl #3.

Have fun at the writing conference;)

storyqueen said...

I knew, KNEW each of my babies was a boy.....until they turned out to be girls.


(Except, I did have a psychic moment once....)

Shelley

Natalie said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy and the baby girl! Girls are so fun.

I hope your conference goes well!

Miriam Forster said...

Hooray!!!

I'm pretty sure even if you had intuition, it doesn't operate while you're pregnant. At least that's what I hear. :)

Mary E Campbell said...

Congrats on your pregnancy and having a girl. I have no intuition either or I just ignored it because I wanted to have a girl - I have three boys. I get to meet you tomorrow I believe are you coming to the LTUE conference?

JaneyV said...

YOU"RE PREGNANT!!!! - that's wonderful news! Congratulations! I have been away FAR too long. Baby girls are precious - congratulations!